I want to first start by thanking Circle of Love Spiritualist Community in Auburn, California for embracing my mediumship development workshops. The third workshop of the year has ceased for the season and we will resume February 3rd, 2013. This will be a fund raiser for the church. But the last session of the last workshop consisted of questions, answers/feedback and reflection. It is hard to believe that some of the student base there, have been diligently working to develop their mediumship for close to 2 years with me. Some for longer. Many of them are at that point where they can look back and see noticeable improvement! They are beginning to really love their new set of psychic medium skills and the challenges that demonstration work can bring. It has been a pleasure working with every person there. Thanks for standing up and stepping up! So I pulled together a basic list of important things to remember.
Some Basic points to remember:
- Do a good meditation at home. We mediums consciously walk between two worlds: the physical and the spirit. In order for communication between the two worlds to function well, we need to feed our spirit bodies and spirit minds. We need to take proper time out for our own spiritual sustenance. Whether you know it as “sitting in the power” as my Canadian mentors refer to it as, or “moving into the silence” as my colleague refers to it as, it is a must… and you can’t always count on having the proper time to do that once you leave home.
- Dress appropriate. Not only does this raise one’s confidence but psychic mediums are the ambassadors for spirit. We represent them and this might be the only opportunity spirit has to reach out and touch their loved one. So one way we can assist the palatability of that contact is dress like we care. Be practical with your fashion choices. 3” inch heels could be the wrong choice if you are going to have to stand for long periods or if the terrain is technically difficult. Short skirts could work against you if you have to sit on a raised platform. It is important how we dress while we represent our craft and spirit.
- Don’t let fear take over your demonstration. Find a way to relax. Essentially, demonstrating your psychic medium skills can be seen as a form of public speaking. Become acquainted with the perfect stride for your delivery. When griped by fear, you could either stall or, my favorite, need to slow down so that you don’t throw the demonstration due to an adrenaline surge. In both situations, it will be difficult to reach those unique avenues of information that really make a demonstration “glow” with validity. So admitting that you are still learning, could help level everyone’s expectations and take the heat off a bit. Then move forward and blow them away!
- Lean more toward bringing in validity first then bring through the message. If you are like me, your still a green medium who’s “wet behind the ears.” Validity is sublime for mediums who are just cutting their teeth. That’s when we are doing our job: demonstrating the continuity of life. Of course, bringing in validity is scary! That’s when you might run into a few NO! And that can be difficult to handle when you are standing in front of people. However, once you lock down the WHO, your recipient is ready for the message to follow. In my workshops, I help the students put together a validity chart.
- Work to keep your demonstrations true and organic! Don’t fall for the art of pulling in a spirit contact from an earlier prep-meditation. Try not to read your audience or congregate ahead of time. Remember that you are working to give a current demonstration not a reciting of a previous experience. The information coming through should be new news to you too.